5 Days Camping Safari
This is a safari plan designed to catch an excitement of Adventure. A camping safari is highly rated as the best way for many travellers to experience the real wilderness of Tanzania. As to the fact that no other African country that has a greater variety of wild animals, reptiles and birds in their own natural habitats. Enjoy the encounters of the game drive in an open roof safari vehicle, and camping in a dome tent with a choice of combination of accommodation in 3 Star hotels. Feel the untamed spirit of our roots as you will be in a bush camping and exploring the wilderness under the African stars and experience traditional African Tanzania culture. The evening is spent around the campfire listening to the sound of the dark African night – the distant roar of the Lion and the doleful, whooping “laugh” of the Hyena. All the safari camping tents are prepared for you by our safari crew and meals are prepared over a campfire by our professional camp cook.
- We may have to re-route the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in the case of non-availability
- Park fees and airline prices may be changed without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will be passed on to you.
- Prices quoted are based on the dates shown. Changes in dates may lead to a change in the safari price.
- Passengers arriving to Tanzania must carry a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate.
Day 1: Arrival Arusha from JRO
On Arrival at Arusha we will meet you, and provide a private transfer on our 4×4 safari vehicles, with professional driver guides to Lake Manyara National Park. Depending on your time of arrival, we may proceed to the nearest national park. But if the arrival is on KLM we will then proceed to Arusha for an overnight stay at SG Resort (meals Bed and breakfast).
Day 2: Arusha to Ngorongoro Conservation Area
The tour starts after breakfast with a drive to Ngorongoro, via Karatu village, onward to Ngorongoro evergreen forest. You will then descend 2 000 feet (over 600 meters) to the floor of the crater for a 6 hour crater tour. Explore the forest areas that are inhabited by monkeys and elephants, the lake area, where you may see the flamingos and the open savannah where the lions hunt for food. Afternoon return to the camp for dinner and overnight at Simba Campsite (meals DBL)
Day 3: Ngorongoro to Serengeti National Park
Depart to Serengeti National Park with picnic lunches. Enjoy an afternoon game drive in the endless plains of the Serengeti for a chance to see the great herds of wildebeest, zebras and gazelles or a pride of lions lounging in the shade. Dinner and overnight in tents in the Seronera Campsite (meals DBL)
Day 4: Serengeti National Park
Enjoy a full day game drive in the Serengeti National Park. Meals and overnight in tents at the Seronera Campsite in the Serengeti National Park (meals DBL)
Day 5: Serengeti to Arusha
After breakfast we drive to Arusha via Olduvai Gorge, the site of Louis and Mary Leakey’s renowned archaeological discoveries. Their findings include some of the man’s earliest known ancestral remains. A picnic lunch will be served at the Gorge. We will proceed driving to Ngorongoro Conservation Area, with an optional visit to a Maasai Boma. Lunch will be served at a standard tourist restaurant in Arusha or on the way to Arusha. Then transfer to the airport for your flight back home or proceed with other safari arrangements, holiday trip to Zanzibar is available as an extension after safari (meals BL).
End of services
Optional Excursions to be as extra
Serengeti Balloon Safari
Visit Maasai Boma
What to expect on a Tanzania Camping Safari
- Shared bathroom facilities
- Tasty meals prepared by our camping chef from a planned safari menu, the menu consists of wholesome, simple food
- A self-service bar, with guest participating in stocking it. Guest will be required to purchase their alcohol beverages and soft drinks at supply points along the safari route
- Choice of being fully involved in daily camp life
- Staff and supplies travelling with the guests in a same vehicle
- Budget safari participation involves guests more intensely in the challenging, but rewarding life of a nomad, providing a very unique experience